“Let’s do lunch!” A simple sentence that developed into a great idea- to serve some simple food on Sunday’s during the Religious Education classes. This was how the COS Lunchroom was born.
During the four years that it has been running, the money that has been raised helped a number of good causes both outside and inside our church, including:
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity in Rotterdam feeding the homeless
- Books for poor children in India
- A hospital bed for a cancer center in Brazil
- Shoes and medical supplies for poor children in Uganda
- New oven, dishwasher and freezer for the COS Kitchen
- Hosted two luncheons for COS senior citizens
This year, we are bringing back the lunchroom once a month. We need cooks and servers to help us on those days. Please, use this link to read more about the lunchroom and to sign up to help us. The money raised this year will go for the maintenance and upkeep of our church buildings.